A FIRESIDE CHAT (via ZOOM) WITH CHARISSA WONG
A BOLD & ATYPICAL SERIAL LEARNER
SUNDAY, MARCH 13, 2022 at 7:00 PM (PDST)
Please join us to learn how one fellow Hong Kong University alumna has followed one of the most unconventional and meandering academic path, also reflected in her career choices.
• Master of Public Health in Epidemiology, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Harvard University, 2015 – 2017
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), The University of Hong Kong, 2004-2009
• Master of Journalism with Distinction, The University of Hong Kong, 1999-2001
• Bioinformatics MicroMasters, Bioinformatics (Computer Science, Biology & Life Sciences), University of Maryland University College, 2019
• Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies, The University of Hong Kong, 1995-1998
Career - Two Illustrations
While she was a student studying for a two-year part-time Master of Journalism program at the University of Hong Kong, she started working for Associated Press as a full-time reporter. She has interviewed many well-known figures including Bill Clinton, Lee Kuan Yew, Mahathir Mohamad, Steve Wynn, Li Ka-shing, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Luciano Pavarotti, Serena Williams, and our very own Andy Lau.
Today, Charissa is a Staff Scientist in Clinical Applications and Marketing Support within the Genetic Sciences Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (https://www.thermofisher.com)
Download Event Flyer
Download CV (Charissa Wong)
Wednesday March 9, 2022 Zoom login will be email to you a few days before Fireside.